In January 2017, we launched the new Hapstone V6 knife sharpening system. In mid-February, customers began to receive their orders. Unfortunately, many customers informed us that the sharpener they purchased had defects. After an investigation, we confirmed that the Hapstone V6 Revision 1 had a few serious flaws. We will do our best to correct our mistake and help our customers get the sharpener back to perfect working condition.
5 components of the Hapstone V6 may have a defect: the coupling on the horizontal shaft, the stopper ring, the thickness compensator, the pivot unit, and the pivot rod holder. All affected components share the same defect: the thumb screw or wing nut does not tighten properly. The percentage of affected sharpeners (where at least one component is defective) is approximately 15-20%.
If you have purchased the Hapstone V6 Revision 1, please check the following for potential issues:
- The pivot unit cannot be reliably tightened onto the vertical rod using the thumb screw, while the parking hook is in an uncomfortable position. Remove or loosen the small black hex screw which holds the parking hook in place. Once done the thumb screw will tighten more. This is a result of incorrect factory assembly and can be easily corrected by the customer. If that does not help, please contact customer support.
- The coupling wing nut on the horizontal shaft cannot reliably tighten. Unfortunately, this issue makes the sharpener unusable. Please contact customer support and we will send you a replacement. Temporary solution. Try to use pliers to tighten the wing nut using maximum strength.
- The vertical rod holder cannot reliably tighten the vertical rod to prevent rotation. The sharpener can still be used, but with less comfort. Please contact customer support and we will send you a replacement. Temporary solution. Try using pliers to tighten the thumb screw using maximum strength.
- The stopper ring cannot be reliably tightened onto the horizontal rod using the thumb screw. The sharpener can still be used, but with less comfort. Please contact customer support and we will send you a replacement. Temporary solution. Use a 6mm drill stop collar instead or a similar utility.
- The thickness compensator cannot be inserted or reliably tightened onto the vertical rod. Please contact customer support and we will send you a replacement. Temporary solution. Use an 8mm drill stop collar instead or a similar utility.
We apologize for the inconvenience and regret that there were problems to begin with. We are doing everything possible to assure that this will never happen again in the future.
Hapstone, Gritomatic, and Jende Industries will handle the replacement of all defective components for our customers.
All mentioned components will be redesigned and/or manufactured in a different way.
If you have question, feel free to contact Gritomatic customer support via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Jende Industries customer support via phone 1-323-315-0353. We are ready to help you and answer any questions regarding the technical issues described above.