New knife sharpener delivers 11°-44° sharpening angle range, ultimate precision and no-tool assembly for best sharpening experience
29th December 2016 - HAPSTONE has just launched HAPSTONE V6, 6th generation of successful V-series. V6 is being heralded as the ultimate knife sharpener with ability to use thousands of sharpening stones. The new V6 delivers breath-taking features while pushing the boundaries for knife sharpening enthusiasts who demand the best.
- The V6 is the first knife sharpener on the market capable to set any sharpening angle in a range from 11 to 44 degree.
- Three Point Guide for a high-precision knife positioning. The knife rests on two contact points and after flipping it will have exactly the same position, so the sharpening angle stays correct and consistent.
- No-tool assembly for fast deployment and mobility.
- Lightweight horizontal shaft for better pressure control during the sharpening process.
- Angle Gauge Holder is a base that allows to install the digital angle gauge (inclinometer) on the horizontal shaft.
- Narrow stone holder for comfortable side look when using narrow sharpening stones.
- Parking device for horizontal shaft.
- Modified T-leg design for maximum stability.
- Rigid shaft couplings to avoid accident part movements during the sharpening process.
- Metal pivot unit with PTFE insert provides smooth shaft movement and requires no lubrication or cleaning.
- Anodized metal part coating for extra protection.
V6 inherits all features of Hapstone Pro V5 delivering even more capabilities at affordable price point.
- All basic parts made of metal. Hapstone knife sharpener is built to last forever.
- Universal stone holder suitable for the installation of sharpening stones up to 20 cm.
- Full compatibility with Edge Pro stones mounted on blanks with 45 degree bevel.
- Thickness compensator allowing for sharpening stones of different thicknesses to be used while maintaining the chosen angle.
- Rubber covered blade table to protect your knives from scratches.
- Strong neodymium magnet to facilitate knife fastening and the sharpening process.
- Rubber coated supporting legs that can be used on any surface.
- Spring for quick changes to the sharpening stone.
- Stopper rings to limit the movement of the horizontal shaft.
- Wooden handle to make time-consuming work a little easier.
These specifications enable Hapstone to deliver an industry leading high-precision knife sharpener to the market. V6 is designed specifically for sharpening enthusiasts looking for the best experience without breaking the bank!
V6 Standard Edition will be available in 4 bundles:
- Basic - 3 Hapstone silicon carbide stones - $219
- Silicon Carbide - 5 Gritomatic silicon carbide stones - $259
- Aluminum Oxide - 5 Gritomatic aluminum oxide stones - $279
- Diamond – 3 dual-side Venev diamonds (6 grits total) - $259
Estimated start selling date for V6 Standard is 1st February 2017. Preorder will be available in January.
Deluxe Edition specs and availability information will be announced later.
Hapstone provides 5 year warranty on Hapstone V6 knife sharpeners. You can be sure in the reliability of the devices and supporting from manufacturer for the entire period of use
Gritomatic is a partner of Hapstone Company (manufacturer) for sales channel development and marketing in the USA. Gritomatic offers Hapstone products as well as hundreds of Hapstone-compartible sharpening stones.
Hapstone V6 will be available from Gritomatic.com and Hapstone dealers worldwide. Gritomatic offers satisfaction guarantee for Hapstone V6 – the right to return the sharpener within 15 days from the date your order was delivered.